Anyone who’s heard of Wordtracker has likely heard of John Alexander. Recently, John did a very through point-by-point comparison of these two professional keyword research and analysis tools.
He evaluated them head to head on 11 factors and declared a winner in each area:
- Keyword forensics – Word tracker
- KEI effectiveness (competition) – Equal
- Reports for purchase – Keyword Discovery
- Projects – Equal
- Historical research data - Keyword Discovery
- Available languages – Keyword Discovery
- Data base size – Keyword Discovery
- Other data – Keyword Discovery
- Related Keywords – Equal
- Seasonally related data – Keyword Discovery
- Industry keyword tool – Keyword discovery
Wordtracker came out on top in just 1 category. The tools were declared about equal in 3 areas. Keyword Discovery easily took the contest as superior in 7 features.
I found the results a bit startling and I imagine John did, too. After all, he’s probably Wordtrackers biggest fan and has been for years. Like many SEOs I am often asked which research software I recommend. In the future, I’ll simply refer those questioners to John’s professional keyword tool comparision. Read it to get details about the evaluation and learn why Keyword Discovery won hands down.